The weather forecast for tomorrow is calling for high winds and high seas, so we are officially canceling. Sunday’s weather unfortunately does not look any better and maybe even a little worse, so be sure to give the office a call tomorrow afternoon to find out.
They say, winds from the East, fishing is the least. That was pretty much a true statment today. Capt Mike reported a tough day on the water. Lots of action with throwbacks but just not the number of keepers we would have liked. The weather looks wet and windy for the next two days, so we wont be sailing until possibly Saturday. So be sure to give the office a call to get an updated weather report towards the end of the week.
Captain Mike called into say that he had a decent catch of fish around 8 am this morning so he was looking forward to the rest of the day. We will have a full report later when the boat gets in. We will be sailing at 3 am tomorrow morning. Call the office today and make a reservation.
The Lady Frances will set sail tomorrow morning at 3:00 a.m.
Capt. Mike reported a solid day of local cod fishing today. A very good day by any normal standard but a bit more relaxed than previous outings. Still a good amount of nice market cod and plenty of shorts to keep the day rolling right along. Nothing big with the best in the very low teens today.
Captain Mike reported another good day of cod fishing. There was action all day long. A new batch of fish seems to have moved into the area with a lot of small fish. There were many limit catches today. The LADY FRANCES will be sailing at 3 am Sat Morning
Unfortunately due to gale force winds forecasted through Thursday morning, the cod trip will be cancelled for Thursday. Friday looks like a go, so be sure to call the office to make a reservation.
Capt. Mike reported a great bite with plenty of nice market cod flying over the rails and into the bags and coolers of the anglers aboard. Nothing really huge but a few nice fish in the teens to fight it out for the pool. Once the wind came up the bite was more relaxed but by then the day was already made. The plans are to sail tomorrow morning at 3 am. Make sure to call the office today before 5 pm and make your reservations for tomorrows trip. As of now it looks like it will be a light load for tomorrow so there will be plenty of room at the rails.
Unfortunately the weather will keep us at the dock again tomorrow, Tuesday March 1st. Be sure to give us a call Tuesday to check on Wednesday’s forecast.