Helpful hints and random things to know…
Please check in at the office in front of the boats prior to your trip. We are located on the first floor of the gray building at Captains Tackle. You can also purchase ice, tackle, bait, beverages, snacks, t-shirts, sweatshirts and other gifts too!
* It is always cooler on the water so bring an extra layer or two. Dress appropriately for the weather conditions. Rubber soled shoes or boots preferred.
* Sunscreen and a hat
* Camera or cell phone. If you have a great photo and want it posted on our website please send to us at [email protected]. We will do our best to get it on there.
* Please silence your phones and try to limit personal conversations. You are here to have fun!!!
* You may bring seasickness medication with you BUT you must start taking it at least 1 hour prior to sailing to be effective. You may then bring it along and take as directed during the trip.
- You may bring your own food and beverage or you may purchase items in the galley. Beer will be sold at a moderate price for moderate consumption.
- You may bring alcohol on board, but in small quantities and in cans only. (Some trips it is restricted entirely, please inquire prior to trip) enjoy your day and beverage but getting drunk is not tolerated.
- Bring CASH for tips and purchases in the gallery please. It’s a credit card world but it is always good to travel with some cash in your pocket.
- Please arrive at least 30 in prior and check in the office in front of the boats.
- Rods can be rented but you are welcome to bring your own. Tackle is available for purchase if you need that special lucky rig. Only one rod at the rail is allowed at a time. Bait is included either way.
- You may bring a cooler but we do have cold storage available on board.
- We do have restrooms on board.
- You can keep your catch as long as it is within federal and state regulations for size, limit numbers and season.
- Free parking is available by our boats and the lot to the right. If the are full paid parking is available down the road.
- We are NOT responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items. Please be sure to take all your items off with you at the end of the trip.
- There will be no refunds given unless the Captain cancels the trips for any reason deemed necessary. If we cancel its for a darn good reason! If a trip is cut short credits may be given depending upon the time and circumstances.
- Illegal drugs are strictly forbidden and if discovered will be reported directly to the United States Coast Guard.
- Consumption of marijuana in any form is not allowed. It may be legal in some states but we are a federally licensed vessel and must adhere to federal regulations.
- Please do not bring any large metal coolers or trash cans. These types of items do a tremendous amount of damage to the boat. Any cooler or box that does not fit under a bench on the main deck must be put on the upper deck. We do have cold storage in the stern of the boat available.
- No food is allowed down below in the sleeping quarters.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden anywhere except outside/exterior of the boat. Please be courteous as to the direction of your smoke hitting other passengers. Do not put lit butts on the deck, bench or rail and do not throw overboard. Dispose of safely.
- Group discounts are available for groups over 10 and please ask about our frequent fishers club.
- You can NOT filet your own fish aboard the vessels. The crew will be happy to do this for a very nominal fee.
- NO HANDHELD NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT will be allowed aboard the vessel. If someone is found using one it will be confiscated and returned at the end of the trip.
- You may NOT sell your catch at the dock. It is a violation of state and federal law to sell fish from a passenger vessel.
- If you have an issue on board please speak to the crew or captain on board and they will try to resolve it. You can also email the office for additional discussion and resolution. We want you to have a positive experience.
- If you have a great trip please let your friends or the world know it!